Thursday, October 27, 2011

What out Chipotle!

Who doesn't love a ginormous burrito, or a bowl full of burrito filling?  If you are a fan of Chipotle - then you will LOVE this recipe.  I gotta say it is just as good, if not better than the real thing.  If you've never had Chipotle, then make this and let me know what you think.

I like the burrito bowl, which is basically a naked burrito.  Feel free to make actual burritos with these fillings if you prefer. 

First I shall introduce you to the main characters...


Cilantro Lime Rice


Black Beans


Barbacoa (yummy beef!)


Supporting Roles...


Cilantro Lime Rice

Basmati Rice (or any you like)
1 lime
cilantro (as much or little as you like)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil

Add olive oil to sauce pan, add rice, salt and the juice of one lime.  Add water as directed depending on what your rice calls for.  After cooking, fluff the rice and add the cilantro.

Black Beans

1 can of black beans

Open can, put beans in bowl, cover bowl, microwave for a few minutes.  : )

Barbacoa

5 lb chuck roast
8 cloves garlic, minced (I used a food processor)
1/4 cup ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water

Place roast in crock pot, mix all other ingedients together and the pore over the meat.  Cook on high for 6 hours.

Now, layer up all the goodies and toppings you'd like in a bowl and Voila!



1 comment:

  1. Um, yum! I might have to actually cook one night and make this! It sounds and looks delish and I LOVE Chipotle rice, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete